Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Friends



Recently my sister was diagnosed with cancer. We have begun a journey of what many families before us have endured. We had lost my Dad to colon cancer; so we thought we had followed all the preventive steps to hopefully avoid this diagnosis. 

Then thinking we were beginning a possibility of a more relaxed schedule with the possibility of more travel my sister retired. Having her regular scheduled mammogram began her unexpected steps to find out she has cancer. A new life schedule is presented with so much new information, choices, and fears. 

I pray I can be a supportive sister. I pray for her healing, her strength, her comfort and God’s love.

Prayer: Dear Lord, I pray for all those facing a change in their life plans, an illness, a loss or any unexpected news. Help us to be there for those who are affected. Help us to find the words and actions that are needed by those individuals. Please hold them in your loving arms. Amen
Lori Hood

No comments:

Post a Comment