Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

God is Faithful

Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. Colossians 2:7

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things, at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.  2 Corinthians 9:8

There is a project I have been working on for two and one-half years. It is something to spread knowledge of God’s word. This summer as I culminated the work and sent it to the printer the Lord was by my side each day. 

Just when I needed an artist, the Lord had an artist move in with my grandson who is studying at the University of Nebraska. He was able to design a cover which greatly enhanced the project. I knew he had talent because his grandmother lived a couple of blocks from me when I was raising my children who played with this student’s father. His grandmother is a great artist and even had her own art studio.

Just when I needed someone to jazz up the inside, my granddaughter came to a journalism camp at UNL and learned more about Adobe printing. This was definitely a God thing because she planned to attend the Kansas camp but couldn’t work out the timing. She is a dancer and even had time to spend part of three days with me. She immediately knew how to help me.

Prayer: Dear Father in heaven, may we all see when you put “just what we need” in front of us. It is a joy to know that your grace abounds and a joy to watch how you help us serve you with good work. Thank you for giving me stamina to carry out your will. Amen.

Sandra Hilsabeck

No comments:

Post a Comment