Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Plan A, B, and C

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

"The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing." Zephaniah 3:17

"Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." Matthew 28:20

I travel sometimes for work, and often alone. I don’t mind this, but sometimes the trip to a location seems lonely, and I’m a bit anxious. On these trips I always like to know a plan B when something may not go as planned. I may have two credit cards available for filling up my gas tank. I may have extra equipment for taking photos than is necessary. I may have someone’s contact info "in my back pocket" just in case of unforeseen circumstances. I feel better when I plan better.

While it’s a good idea to plan well, sometimes life may throw us a curveball. In those instances, God is plan A, B, and C! He is with us through it all, helping us see the way even when circumstances become difficult.

Prayer: Dear Lord, You are with me always. Calm my heart when I am worried, and help me to turn to you in prayer when times are difficult and the road ahead seems frightening. Thank you for your comfort and guidance. Amen.

Donna Gustafson

No comments:

Post a Comment