Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, August 9, 2016


Love Hate

Scripture:

Leviticus 19:18  Never seek or bear a grudge against anyone, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

Luke 10:27  "You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind." And, Love your neighbor as yourself."

Recently I have been reflecting on the tragedy in Orlando.  I feel like I am there with the media coverage.  I am looking at the incident as love verses hate.  As Mason said in the prayer on Sunday, " we are called to love".  We are called to love our neighbors in the Old and the New Testaments.

Love is respecting human life and expressing love to his people.  Hate is to dislike, detest, and show malice to others.  The violence and hate has made me mad, sad, angry, and confused and I am sure for you too. We as Christians have to believe- Love others as God loves you. We need to be the light in the darkness that occurs in in the World.  That is our charge in life. Love must prevail! A group of singers is recording the song-" What the World Needs Now is Love".  I hope you hear this song soon and live "Love".

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, Help us to live love every moment of our life. Help us to keep your word of love in everything we do. Amen

 Susan Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment