Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, August 29, 2016


Age

Scripture:
After this Job lived one hundred and forty years, and saw his children and his children's children, four generations. And Job died, old and full of days. Job 42:16-17 (NRSV)

I helped serve the luncheon after Joanne Smith's memorial service.  I am generally saddened when someone dies.  I was particularly touched because she was younger that I am.  Her mother is still living and attended.  I've heard that there is no more sadness than to bury your child, no matter the age of the child.

It is unlikely that any of us will live 140 years like Job, but I hope we can live a good, long life.

Prayer: Dear Lord, Give us the strength to live well until the end of our days, and help us to remember all those who have gone before.  In Jesus name, we pray.  Amen

Kathy Kuehn
kkuehn001@neb.rr.com


No comments:

Post a Comment