Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, September 30, 2024

Angels

God knew what he was doing from the very beginning. He decided from the outset to shape the lives of those who love him along the same lines as the life of his son. Romans 8:29  

The angels announce this decree, the holy wqtchmen bring this sentence, so that everyone living will know that the High God rules human kingdoms. He arranges kingdom affairs however he wishes and makes leaders out of losers. Daniel 4:17 The Message

Do you believe in holy watchmen as The Message Bible says in Daniel 4:17? I do! I do!

I believe there are angels watching over me each and every day. Oooh, I better be careful how I behave! Yes, for sure, there are angels that “watch” over us. They save us at times. Have you ever been sure another car is going to crash into you at high speed, yet it does not? Have you looked back on your life and seen that someone special was brought into your life in a peculiar kind of way?

I lived alone for seven years while I was coaching tennis at Nebraska Wesleyan. I had become self-sufficient but was lonely. I had dated a couple of guys, but they did not seem to live as I lived. I said, “Dear Lord, if there is a man who would like to have me as a wife, please send him to me.” I might have prayed for this more than once!

Strangely enough, I went to a wedding and met my husband, Bryce. There were several spectacular events that led to his coming from St. Louis, Missouri to this wedding. Bryce was running his four branches of Hastings & Chivetta Architecture in four cities from Minnesota to Colorado including the main firm in St. Louis. I only went to that wedding because a lady golfing with my son needed a place to stay for two months. My son directed her to my house on the 14th green of Firethorn. I had a bedroom free and let her stay with me.

God answered my prayer and sent angels to see that Melissa played golf with Spencer, and later she married the son of Bryce’s St. Louis neighbor in Lincoln. No human could set that up so perfectly. God knew we would have twenty-three great years together.

Look at your past, can you see events that changed your life, or other's lives? Look at your answered prayers. I can see multiple events in my life and in the world around me. I had a lot to do with planning and building my townhouse; but did not realize I would be alone in it after just 11 months. God knew I would be happy here and let us finish the townhouse, which I have been blessed to live in for 30 years. God knew Bryce wanted to be here when he retired and sold his firms.

Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven, help me to love you, and direct your watchmen to care for me, our children, and grandchildren. Amen.

Sandra Hilsabeck

No comments:

Post a Comment