Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Day and Night

And God called the light Day; and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. Genesis 1:5

It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth. Exodus 31:17

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying. I am the light of the world; he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness but shall have the light of life. John 8:12

We can be thankful, we can be sure, God will have the sun rise tomorrow morning. When I step out to see the new morning, I see the flowers in my yard and I smell the morning air. God has brought the light. I know that the Lord has given me these things. We can count on God bringing us morning after morning. What an assuring thought! Wherever we have been, whatever we have been through, Jesus will bring the light of a new day!

Each day is another time for me to love Jesus, who came to earth to save us. We can pray for Him to be with us each new day. In my hardest days, when normal daily items seem too difficult, I can turn to Him. This prayer time lifts me up and gives me strength. You may always turn to Him in the daytime and nighttime, and He will be there for you!

Prayer: Dear Father in heaven, we give thanks for your constant availability, your love for us, your constant care, and always bringing us out of the darkness.

Sandra Hilsabeck

No comments:

Post a Comment