Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, March 15, 2021

Unplugged

Keep this Book of Law always on your lips; mediate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8

I have really enjoyed the micro practices for each day.  The ‘Unplug day’ was very spiritual and stress-reducing. It has been so far maybe the hardest one to accomplish; but the best feeling of self-examination and spiritual connection. I don’t know how everyone else proceeded with the practice; anything and everything that I could possibly unplug was unplugged. Okay, I left the refrigerator plugged in, but didn’t use the stove or microwave. My phone was shut down, no television, no laptop and no radio. Now, I did have the day off from work so that did assist in the practice. I also live out in the country and so no neighbors close enough to encounter. I could hear the train and traffic in the distance. I finally finished a book that I have wanted to read for some time. I read the Bible. I did some painting on a craft project. I took the dog for a longer walk than usual. Okay, I also had a nice weather day provided by God. (He really does have a plan). 

I was amazed at the beginning how hard it was for me. I was confronted with how long or how much time I spend plugged in. As the day progressed I began to not think about it but enjoy the activity I was in. During my time I spent a lot of time talking to God and trying to listen. 

Did it make an impact on me? Definitely! I have changed or should I say I am working on changing my daily routine and spending more time for myself spiritually.

It was a short 24 hours of retreat; but a life-changing mindset. 

Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven: Help us place a priority on connecting with you in a deeper level. Remind us that although we may feel we are Christians and spiritually living our lives, that we need to set aside so many of the worldly distractions. Open our hearts, minds and souls to feel your Spirit. Open our wings to fly in a new direction in our journey with you. In Jesus name we pray, AMEN!

Lori Hood

 

No comments:

Post a Comment