Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Thursday, February 4, 2021

God's Love

For I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any thing else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 8:38-39    

Today as I watched the snow falling down and building up rapidly, I remembered many years ago when I was working. We had been told that all employees were expected to show up for work on time—even during bad weather. Our patients needed us and we needed to plan ahead to get to work. Eight inches of snow had fallen overnight and was blowing around. I remember getting up early and shoveling out my driveway and praying that I would not get stuck on my way to work. I drove carefully, and made it to the employee parking lot, almost getting stuck in its entrance. The snow continued falling heavily and I dreaded trying to get home at closing time. Then I got an e-mail mid-afternoon saying that all nonessential patient care employees could go home. I decided to finish up a few things when there was a knock at my office door. One of our executives was there and told me to go home right away. I am sure she could have left earlier or even when the e-mail was sent out, but instead she was knocking on each office door in my hall, telling us all to leave right away and drive safe to get home. Then she headed towards the main patient treatment area to inform the therapists and supporting staff there to leave. I remember feeling cared for and loved by this head boss who took the time to make sure we would be safe.

This week during my devotion time, I read the above verses from Romans. It reminded me of our loving God, how his love is total in all circumstances. How He cares for us and is always with us.

Prayer: Thank you God for your love. Thank you for those around us who show us your love. Help us remember that you are always with us, even in the snow. Amen

Nancy Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment