Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

What About the Children?


Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

And they were bringing children to him that he might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” And he took them in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them. Mark 10:13-16

This posting (photo shown above) got me thinking “What about the Children?”

I can remember during my childhood all the traditions and lessons my parents taught me.

It wasn’t “if it’s a good day on Sunday, let’s go to church”.  It was Sunday is a day of worship.  We said grace at the table and prayers at night before bed. It’s probably why I am such a traditionalist and creature of habit. There was a schedule of what to do each day and only on special occasions was this changed.  

All through my life the good and the bad: these teachings led me to a closer relationship with God.  It has been a life of many daily conversations and prayers asking and thanking God for walking with me each day. 

Facing this year as I have faced many trials in my life: I know with God, all is what it should be and He is still beside me.  But what about the children: what do they have to help them through the tough times or to rejoice in the good?   Have we led them to follow Jesus?  Have we taught them to believe and pray?  What will hold them in their daily lives? 

Christmas is every day of every year.  As God gave us His only Son for eternity not just one day of the year. Praise God!

Prayer: Thank you Father for always walking with me.  Please guide us to teach your children to walk in your guiding light.  Amen 

Lori Hood

No comments:

Post a Comment