Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Gratitude

O love the Lord because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Psalm 116:1

Isn't it wonderful that our God not only hears our prayers of gratitude for all that He has done for us, but He also hears our prayers when we ask for his help. Sometimes when I am troubled by a problem and know that I need lots of help from God, I may forget to thank Him for all the wonderful blessings that He has given to me and immediately begin my prayer by asking for help. Do you sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and have difficulty falling asleep again? It is at these times that I pray to God, thanking Him for all the many blessings that he has given me and asking Him for His help for the day that will be dawning soon. These prayers help me relax and fall asleep again. When I awaken in the morning, I feel that God is with me and that He will be with me throughout the day, guiding me in all that I do and say.

Prayer: Our Heavenly Father, thank you for all the many blessings that you have given us. You are with us every second of every day, watching over us as your children. Help us to always do your will and to be a witness for you in everything that we do and in everything that we say. In Your name we pray. Amen.

Linda Douglas (reprinted from Eastridge Daily Devotion book, printed in 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment