Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, March 4, 2019

Tracks


Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. Psalm 119:105

When growing up I was always amazed at my Dad’s knowledge of things most wouldn’t even think of checking.  If we came home from being gone, my Dad would sometimes comment, “looks like someone has been at our place.” He explained when asked, “look at the tracks in driveway“.  He could tell this any season, wasn’t just in the winter. He could usually tell you right down to the type of vehicle they drove.  He could spot something out of place instantly from a quick glance around the farm; and he wasn’t the type to have everything in its place, either.  He could tell by the change in weeds, grass, tree branches usually what they had done if they did anything beyond drive in and out.  “Looks like they must of ran out gas”; and that’s before he checked tanks.  I learned a lot from his skills.  And then recently I drove into my driveway and thought to myself “hmm, looks like someone had been in my driveway “. 

In life we need to remember the tracks we are leaving in our path of life.  The Father knows where you have gone, what you have done. 

Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven, watch over us as we go through our journey in this life.  Help us to leave tracks of Peace, Hope and Love.  Amen

Lori Hood


1 comment:

  1. You leave beautiful tracks on my heart with your thoughtful devotions! I miss seeing you!

    ReplyDelete