Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Others


The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:17-18

There are times I feel so sad and sorry for myself. Thinking of all the things I think are wrong with me, things I don’t have, people I have lost and the feeling of grief become overwhelming. I hate to admit it, but then I see a story or meet a person with so much more missing in their lives and I start to see all the blessings in my life. I have read many times that if you constantly think of the negative it is all you will see. Suggestions have been: write down something you are thankful for each day; list at least one thing no matter how minor you think it may be but thankful you have it or them in your life.

It seems so simple but everyone has those thoughts. It is not that you have them, I think it’s more how you deal with those thoughts. Either writing down your blessings, helping someone else, talking it over, however you deal with it; the most important part is to pray. Pray for others and pray for the things you are blessed with and pray that you count your blessings, pray for the comfort when you do feel overwhelmed. 

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for the many blessings that I have. Thank you for carrying me through those times when I cannot see those gifts you have given me. Guide me to be there for others when they can’t see the light into your love. Forgive me when I stray away from your love and guidance.  Amen

Lori Hood

No comments:

Post a Comment