Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Friday, August 24, 2018

Why Are We Here?


For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1

However that may be, let each of you lead the life that the Lord has assigned, to which God called you. This is my rule in all the churches. 1 Corinthians 7:17

Have you ever felt called to do something? It may be something big, like relocate your family to a different city. Or it may seem small, like helping with Sunday school. Chances are, you have felt called. It’s hard to explain isn’t it? You know that you should do something, but you don’t quite know why.
Then the miracle happens. You follow your call. God starts working. You may not see it right away. In fact, you may come to doubt your calling. Slowly, over time, you may begin to see why God called you to do what He did. You find yourself growing closer to Him.

My husband and I moved here from Colorado a few years ago. I was not happy with my job in Colorado. It has taken me much struggling over the past few years to see why God sent us to Colorado. Slowly I am able to see what good has come out of that experience, and I can appreciate that God was trying to teach me something. I may never fully see God’s purpose in that experience, but I do know that I grew from my experience there.

God calls all of us. I believe He calls us to more than one thing in our lives. He calls us to move to certain cities, and even worship in certain churches. He knows that each of us has something to offer each place or situation we are called to. He also knows that each place or situation has something to offer us. We don’t always see his purpose for us in those places. It is at those times that our faith in Him has to be the greatest.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, Thank you for the wonderful plan you have for our lives. We pray that we follow your calling for us, even when we don’t understand why. We know that you will be with us the entire journey. In Christ’s name we pray. Amen.

Tamara Hepler (from the Eastridge Daily Devotional Book, published in 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment