Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Praise God Together


Glorify the lord with me; let us exalt his name together. Psalm 34:3

I was recently talking to a co-worker about personalized license plates and trying to decipher the message.  I drove in this morning behind a Jeep with the plate “PS34 VS3”.  I wondered immediately what it could be.  Initials?  A score from a sporting event?  A software version? (I do work in technology). 

Finally it hit me – PS = Psalm and VS = verse!  What a fun way to send a message on a license plate.  Then I wondered about how many people would get it.  Are they like me and after a while it will come to them?  If people aren’t familiar with the Bible would they have ever figured it out?  I am certainly curious about the occupation of the person who had this on their car.  Are they a minister?  A worship leader?  A choir director?  Why is this verse so special to them?

Retrospectively, I like to think of this as a secret message between Christians.  In between meetings I have found myself wondering, if I put a bible verse as my license plate what would it be?  What message would I want to send to others?  I always think about sharing the love of Christ with the world – how much harder would that be in 8 characters or less? 

Prayer: Blessed creator, thank you for placing messages of glory in unexpected places. Help me today to glorify your name!     

Christi Moock

No comments:

Post a Comment