Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Commitment to Christ


“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment” Matthew 22:37-38

I have experienced hardships with this commandment. Even though it seems simple and maybe even obvious, there have been times in my life when I have wondered far from the love of Christ. It seems at times too easy to forget our main purpose as children of God. When all of the bustle and noise in our daily lives overtakes us and pushes us further away from focusing on Christ, it is important to make an extra effort to take the time for quiet moments with God, for fellowship, and for worshiping Him. This is a relationship. We have to work at it like any other relationship in our lives. Taking time to make ourselves available to God is of the utmost importance, just as it is with our friends, family and spouses.


Prayer: Father God, Today help me to remember to make time and space for you in my life. Let my days be focused on serving you and bringing the message of Christ to others so they may know the feeling of Your pure and unconditional love. Help me to bring You joy through my acts as a Christian and through my commitment to our relationship. In Christ’s name, Amen.



Brandi Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment