Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, March 8, 2017


Baby on Milk or Solid Food   

 

 

 “Brothers, I could not speak to you as to spiritual men, but as to worldly, even as to babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk and not with solid food. For to this day you were not able to endure it. Nor are you able now; for you are still worldly.” 1 Corinthians 3:1-3

 

What a tough question? Am I so worldly that I need milk as a babe and not solid food? I work on the devotions and the devotional books I write. I work on the game I developed called Game of Wisdom using Bible verses. Yet, I read chapter three in Welcoming Justice by Charles Marsh and John Perkins for our Sunday class with Pastor Dummermuth on social justice and I see I have so much more to learn. I think I am on solid food, even meat, but who am I really, still a babe in the woods?

 

My day would not be complete without the scriptures which are a joy to me. My first thoughts in the morning are Bible reading and prayers for others. I have two prayer books I write in when I pray and contemplate my family, friends and nation. My mother’s Good News Bible, her The Living Bible and her The New Testament in Four Versions help me understand. Yet, I turn to The Message, Hastings’ Dictionary of the Bible and to Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary on The Whole Bible to gain understanding.

 

PRAYER: Dear Father in heaven, Help me to see in the way you helped the blind man see. Make clear your word and purpose for me so that I can grow enough to bring others to understand what you did on the cross so long ago. The resurrection of Jesus completes our reconciliation to you. Let that sink into my mind. Even though we are still worldly, you offer forgiveness and eternal life through Jesus. Amen.

 

Contributed by Sandra Hilsabeck

No comments:

Post a Comment