Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Journey with Integrity

“As for you, if you walk in integrity of heart and uprightness as David your father did and do all I command and observe my decrees and Laws, I will establish your royal throne over Israel forever….” 1 Kings 9:4-5 

“The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out.” Proverbs 10:9 

“The integrity of the upright guides them…” Proverbs 11:3 

“Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job?  There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.  And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason” Job 2:3 

Sometimes I need to reread these Scriptures to remind myself that if I want to follow and honor God daily in my life I must act with integrity in every aspect of my life.   

In my relationships, I must do the right thing, take the high road, sometimes even if it means walking away for a time to heal so I can show respect for both myself and others. For me it has also meant loving from afar, praying daily for those that I cannot connect with otherwise, at least for the time being. 

Having integrity in personal relationships can mean agreeing to disagree but still showing love and kindness, and respect.   

Displaying daily integrity means not saying unkind things about others or gossiping. My mother had strict rules about talking about others and I have always been thankful to her.  

Having integrity means doing my best in any work I take on, striving to set and meet goals and to continue to grow and learn.  

Acting with integrity means keeping your promises!   

It means being honest and open about who you are. Honesty is a key value if I want to live with integrity. I have to look at my own actions and take responsibility for them. In second Corinthians chapter four verse 2, Paul says, “…we do not use deception or distort the word of God.”   

Prayer: Father God, thank you for teaching us how to journey through life with integrity. Continue to guide us in striving for honesty, and integrity in our daily lives.

Connie Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment