Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Who Can I Turn To?

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me and heard my cry. Psalm 40:1

He will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. Isaiah 42:16

No longer fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. Ephesians 5:11

In the worst times of my life, I have been able to call unto the Lord and, although not instantaneously, he answers me. After my husband of thirty years left, I cried out to Him, and He heard my cry. He sent angels to surround me. A friend, an angel for sure, called and asked if I would coach the women’s tennis team at Nebraska Wesleyan University. I had the experience of coaching at East High, Lincoln High and Southeast High and one year at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln as an assistant. However, never as the head coach of a team.

 After two years my friend retired from coaching, and the Athletic Director asked me to not only coach the women’s team but asked me to take on the men’s team as their coach too. I had never coached boys or men, but I was able to turn to God and found the strength to accept the challenge. God was with me, and I grew to love coaching both teams. Many times, it was easier coaching men because of their love of competition. My life was great and full.

My concern is: what do people do who do not know they can go to the Lord? He has set up so many things in my life that have made it better. I know today that I can come to Him no matter what happens to me. We have many depressed students and adults after the pandemic we have been through. Let’s tell them to trust our Lord and turn to Him and wait patiently for renewed strength.

Prayer: Dear Lord, please send an angel to minister to those who are hurting and don’t know to turn to you for renewed strength. Help them turn away from the darkness and turn to the light. Amen

Sandra Hilsabeck

No comments:

Post a Comment