Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, January 30, 2023

Understanding "I AM"

God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” Exodus 3:14

There are seven “I AM’s” in the gospel of John-

  1. Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.” John 6:35, 51
  2. When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
  3. Therefore Jesus said again, “I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.” John 10:7-9
  4. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. John 10:11
  5. Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25-26
  6. Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” John 14:6-7
  7. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15:1-4

God has helped me through many crises. He is the great creator of all the world and the people in it. But at Christmas He came to us in the form of a little baby which grew into Jesus who died for me and all who believe in him. Jesus tells us he came down from heaven and gave his life for us. Through him we can have eternal life and never die. Jesus wants me to be fruitful and tell others who he is. He wanted me to tell you so you can be fruitful too and have everlasting life.

Prayer: Dear Lord, please help each and every person I give this devotion to, which has Jesus’ spoken words, believe you are our savior and have them never die, but have eternal life. Amen.

Sandra Hilsabeck 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment