Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Friday, November 18, 2022

Christ With You in Trouble

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Psalm 91:1-2

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—from violent men you save me. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. 2 Samuel 22:1-4

We recently went to a wedding in Texas for our grandson. On our trip we were aware of eight times the Lord was with us.

1.  On the way my phone went dead. We were surprised because we had put the map in the phone and made sure it was plugged into the slit in the car which was supposed to keep it charged. I went into the station where we bought gas and asked if they had a charger and they sent me to Christine at the truck department. She listened and then gave me a cord that would connect to the cigarette lighter and the second we plugged it in the map was there and the phone started charging.

2.  While I was busy getting the phone charged Bryce was able to get us a hotel and a plan to meet another grandson in Lewisville and our phone worked to get us there. We got to meet his girlfriend Rachel whom we had been hearing about.

3.  At a gas station the pump was excruciating slow, and we were trying to get to Lewisville in time to take them to dinner by 8:30 pm. The next pump worked.

4.  We ate lunch at Spoons restaurant and when we went to leave the waitress took our bill and said that someone had paid for our lunch.

5.  The back right blinker made a funny sound and wasn’t working. Here we were driving on three lane roads in Dallas and changing lanes without it. Thank God we didn’t have an accident.

6.  While walking to lunch in McKinney TX we saw a policeman and Bryce asked him if there was a Buick dealer where we could get the blinker fixed. Sure enough, it was only about 5 blocks away and they could fix it in about 30 to 40 minutes. Officer Patton gave us the address and phone number.

7.  We didn’t get into the wreck which happened ahead of us on Interstate 135. Unfortunately, three people died. We were right behind them and were moved over to adjacent road 81. The slow-moving traffic made the trip longer, but we were safe.

Prayer: Dear Lord, every day we can see, if we are looking, at the times that God is protecting us. We prayed ahead of time for God to protect us on the trip and you did many times. There have been times I have been frightened and You have calmed me. Help us to look around and watch how we are protected in our busy world. Amen.

Sandra Hilsabeck

No comments:

Post a Comment