Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Bearing Fruit



Our Wednesday morning Bible study is just completing the study, "No Other Gods: The Unrivaled Pursuit of Christ" by Kelly Minter. In the final session, she highlighted the fruit-bearing points above.

  • It was God's intent that we bear fruit.
  • Fruit bearing will always find a way in the soil of obedience.
  • God's fruit can only be borne God's way.
  • Fruit bearing is a process and processes take time.
  • God's fruit in our lives does not depend on a past of perfect choices.
  • Our fruitfulness is based on God's faithfulness. 

I am the true vine, and my Father is the farmer.  Every branch in me that doesn’t bear fruit, he takes away. Every branch that bears fruit, he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. You are already pruned clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I in you. As the branch can’t bear fruit by itself unless it remains in the vine, so neither can you, unless you remain in me. I am the vine. You are the branches. He who remains in me and I in him bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. John 15: 1-5

Donna Gustafson (click on photo to view larger)

No comments:

Post a Comment