Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Thursday, July 8, 2021

Sheltered by God

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High   will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,   my God, in whom I trust.”  He will cover you with his feathers,    and under his wings you will find refuge;  You will only observe with your eyes    and see the punishment of the wicked. If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”    and you make the Most High your dwelling,  no harm will overtake you,    no disaster will come near your tent. Psalm 91: 1-2, 4, 8-9, 10 

The sermon by Pastor Melodie on Sunday seemed to say the truth about God in my life. I have seen wicked fall and found His shelter. Through the most difficult times in my life He has been there for me. He has provided lessons in many ways and protected me through difficulties. 

We took a 2600- mile car trip to see our kids in Kansas, Missouri, Texas, Colorado and Wyoming. We prayed for safety and gave our trust to him before we left. Even when the stabilitrak in our transmission caused the car to stop as we crossed from Colorado to Wyoming on the highway, we felt God’s presence. The cars just went around us and as I pushed the gas pedal there was enough forward power to get us to a gas station. We checked the automobile book and called our dealer. Just turning off the car solved the problem until we could get home and have the transmission fixed. 

Prayer: Dear Father in heaven, thank you for protecting and sheltering us throughout our long lives. We will continually put our trust in You. Amen. 

Sandra Hilsabeck

No comments:

Post a Comment