Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Thursday, June 10, 2021

God in the World

Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

When I edit a photo in Photoshop or an online editing program, I’m altering the image. Some purists might argue that I’m presenting a false reality, but I prefer to think that I’m making the most of the image and presenting you with what my eyes actually saw, and/or removing distracting details. Again, it depends on what is edited, but I’m going to stick with: I’m making the most of the image.

That is similar to how we should present our faith to others: we may be uncomfortable with the word “witness”, but I’d like to think that, as Christians, we’re presenting our best image of Christ as we know Him to others. With our focus on kindness at Eastridge this summer, it’s a good time to practice this.

Prayer: Dear Lord, when I practice kindness help me to be aware that I’m being Christ in the world. Help me to show your love and kindness to others. Help me strive to present the best image of You to those with whom I come into contact. Amen.

Donna Gustafson

No comments:

Post a Comment