Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, December 28, 2020

Yes, I Believe in Santa Claus

In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” Acts 20:35

But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matthew 6:3-4

My great niece and nephews were here for our annual gingerbread man baking day.  My nephew says “Do you believe in Santa Claus?”  I responded with yes I do.  Content with that answer, he responded I do too but sometimes I have doubts.

Through the years we all have doubts or probably more accurate we question “why?” I believe in Jesus Christ our Savior!  If honest with myself I at times of trouble have prayed for answers why and for strength to face the day. I may not always get the answers but I trust He is always beside me.

I believe in the spirit of giving and helping others.  I believe that the best gift of all is the gift of love. 

Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven, thank you for your love. Help me to extend your love and generosity to those in need. Help me feel the Holy Spirit in my daily life.  Help me to accept what I may not understand and forgive me for my moments of doubt. Show me the way to give to others. Amen

Lori Hood

No comments:

Post a Comment