Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

God’s Message

I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. John 10:11

Like many of us, I am concerned about what the COVID virus will bring to our hospitals, doctors, nurses, and our community. I am concerned about the financial impacts and the struggles it causes. I am tired of staying at home, unable to do my own shopping, not eating in restaurants, and the many changes in the past 9 months.

I believe that when God is sending me a message, he will keep sending it in different ways until I get it.

Several weeks ago I studied about the sisters in Midian who were shepherds and how hard they had to work (Exodus 2:15-17). When Moses was fleeing Egypt, he stopped at a well at Midian only to find that the sisters were being bullied by the male shepherds and were unable to water their sheep. Moses intervened, chasing the bullies away and helping the sisters water and care for their sheep. A few days later, I heard a “Jews for Jesus” speaker on TV talking about Ezekiel 34 and the prophecy regarding the Good Shepherd. Shortly thereafter I read a devotion using Ezekiel 34 about God’s caring for us as the Good Shepard. Finally , another devotion used Psalm 23 and then I remembered Jesus  saying “I am the Good Shepherd who lays down his life for the sheep”.

I get it. The Good Shepherd will take care of us no matter what the problem. He will comfort us, protect us, relieve the stress, and call to us to trust him. God opens the Gate so that Christ can lead us to safety and rest. He will sustain us and calm our fears. Even in death, he is there for us.

Prayer:  Heavenly Father, thank you for your reassurance that you are always there. You love us and we are to keep our eyes on you. Help me remember that Jesus is the Good Shepherd and I have nothing to fear by following Him. Amen 

Nancy Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment