Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Take it to the Lord in Prayer. Wow!

How hard is it to write a devotion? Recently I was asked if I would write one. My answer was: “You really want me to write one? I don’t know how to spell very well, and I do not write very well either.” The person was kind and let me off the hook by saying, “I understand. It’s all right.”  As the person was turning to leave they said, “You wrote one before and we enjoyed it!” Wow!

Recently I was asked to serve the Church. And again I was going to say the same thing. I guess most of my life I was afraid of new things that I was not comfortable with. But this time I did something different. I took it to the Lord in Prayer. Wow! Believe it, it works. I felt the call to serve on the session and said “OK”. Then Pastor Jim said to me, I would like you to chair a committee and I said "what committee"?  He said "evangelism". I thought what I am getting into? What is evangelism? Fear struck my body and mind, what I am going to do? Well, I thought it worked once before, let's try it again. So I took it to the Lord in prayer. Wow! I didn’t even know how to spell evangelism or even know the meaning of the word. Well, now with the help of the Lord, I am chairing that committee.

If asked to serve, take it to the Lord in Prayer, he will help.
(By the way, I took this request to the Lord)

Prayer: Father thank you for being there for us when we need you to help us through uncertain times. Thank you for your guidance in doing your will. Wow! Amen.

Jim Budka (reprinted from May 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment