Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Friday, September 14, 2018

Reflect God's Love


“Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness on the Day of Judgment, because as he is, so are we in this world.” 1 John 4: 17 

Do you sometimes feel guilty because you don’t take time to share God’s love as often as you would like? I certainly do.

On a recent trip to the grocery store, I met someone who took an eight-week class with me. We visited briefly and continued our shopping. A few aisles later, I met a person who regularly exercised at Snap Fitness with me. I commented that I had not seen him lately.  He shared that he had some heart issues. I listened to him, expressed concern, and let him know that I hoped to see him back at Snap Fitness soon.  Before leaving the grocery store, I greeted a couple, members at Eastridge Presbyterian Church.  Each of these brief conversations brightened my day and hopefully theirs. A friendly greeting to the grocery store “checker” may be appreciated also.  Little things mean a lot!

A quote in the July, 2018 Guideposts Magazine suggests, “If God is love, the only way we can worship God is by loving others.”  John Shelby Spong from his book “Unbelievable”.

As the school year begins, we are encouraged to take a student’s name (or two) from the student board in the Welcome Center. We are asked to pray for them regularly. It is perhaps a small thing, yet important.

The Stephen Ministry bulletin board near M12 at Eastridge Presbyterian states, “Called by God to share His gift of love for others.”  We can all provide emotional and spiritual support to those we meet each day.

Eleanor Brownn in her book, “The Other Serenity Prayer” states, “God, grant me the serenity to stop beating myself up for not doing things perfectly, the courage to forgive myself because I’m working on doing better, and the wisdom to know that you already love me just the way I am.”
                       
Prayer: Dear God, help me to choose to reflect your love every day.  Guide me in finding time for what is truly important. Amen.

Lois Poppe

No comments:

Post a Comment