Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, September 17, 2018

Entrust Loved Ones to God


The Lord replied: “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Exodus: 33:14

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever!  Amen. Ephesians 3:20

Our son has been waiting on a new job opportunity for two months.  Many hoops to go through and many delays.  Added to this is his decision to give notice and quit his then-current job without having the new one in place.  A life lesson for sure. During this time we have been praying for the right doors to open and his path to be made clear.  This week my Jesus Calling devotion for the day focused on the above scriptures and the word were so timely.

“When you release loved ones to Me, you are free to cling to My hand. As you entrust others into My care, I am free to shower blessings on them. My presence will go with them wherever they go, and I will give them rest. This same Presence stays with you, as you relax and place your trust in Me. Watch and see what I will do.”

I should note this page was dog-eared as a favorite, so it has applied in years past.  I started jotting a note with year, so I remember what was occurring when Jesus so lovingly placed this devotion in front of me again.

This week our son officially has the new job. He looks forward to this new adventure and we are thankful the Lord is with him every step of the way.

Prayer: Thank you, Jesus, for being in control and answering prayer in your time and in your way. Amen.

Cathy Schapmann

No comments:

Post a Comment