Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Finding Calm


Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way.  The Lord be with all of you. 2 Thessalonians 3:16

He restores my soul. Psalm 23:3

The theme of our work wellness program in August was “calm”. We were given this great adult coloring book and thoughts on how to find calm in our lives. I only completed two days of the challenge—obviously I failed at calm this month! What I discovered is that calm is elusive and is found in little bits of time here and there: restful sleep, listening to the rain, snuggling a baby, prayers at all times of the day/night. Calm works and feels the best when matched with the peace of our Savior. As my bible commentary says “Peace comes when we fix our minds on God and on his stability in our chaotic days. The unchangeable God is in charge of our days. Knowing that for a fact is peace.”

Prayer: Lord of Peace, we long for the calm and rest that only you can give.  Restore our souls. “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me” (Psalms 51:10). Amen.

Cathy Schapmann

No comments:

Post a Comment