Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Good Day - Bad Day


“I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” Philippians 7:13  

“And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:7

When we receive a new license plate number, I look for a way to connect it with something that will help me remember it.  Our most recent one is VGD 099. I chose V (very) G (good) D (day) and 099 (99%). Each time I look for our license plate in a parking lot, it reminds me that it is a Very Good Day. The 99% reminds me that most days aren’t perfect but are mostly Very Good Days.

Even a large folk art clock right inside a mall shop reminds me, “Today is a good day for a good day”.

At the same time, I realize that there are days that are challenging.  I recall the popular children’s book, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.  Judith Viorst originally published the book in 1972.  It is still available today, probably because we can all relate to it.   A movie and also a musical were produced based on the book.

Most of the time when I find myself in a worrisome situation, family and friends are there to offer me comfort and support.  Above all, I know I can count on God’s promise to always walk with me both on good days and during challenging times. 

Prayer: Dear God, thank you for your assurance that you are always with us.  More than ever, in a world full of fears, dissent, and discord, we need your hope.  Amen. 

Lois Poppe



No comments:

Post a Comment