Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, May 14, 2018

Bird Family


So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that move about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:21
But at the beginning of creation God made them male and female. Mark 10:6
The Companion, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I told you. John 14:26 

Families sometimes are very hard to navigate. We have such situations in our family. Having prayed to God for more than a year one of our prayers was answered.

Being in my usual place for study and prayer one morning, I felt the Holy Spirit blessing us with an answer for our family. Then God placed this beautiful male cardinal on the railing in front of me. Soon after, He placed a baby robin in the same place. Both of those beautiful birds just stood there for some time.  As I looked out another window I saw the female cardinal. It was like the spirit was reminding me that family is good and I should trust God in all.

Prayer: Dear Lord, continue to help me see all that you put before me and all that the Spirit reminds me about what you have told us. You made our families and you want us to live faithfully together as the birds do following your will which you declare is good. Amen.

Sandra Hilsabeck

No comments:

Post a Comment