Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Hope


In you, O Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame.  Rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness; turn your ear to me and save me.  Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress.  Deliver me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of evil and cruel men.  For you have been my hope, O Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth.  From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother’s womb.  I will ever praise you. Psalm 71:1-6

 
When you were a kid, were you a pessimist or a worrier like me? Did frightening events or negative things said by others influence your perceptions or attitudes?  Granted, there are a lot of bad things happening in the world, and some people get more than their fair share of misery. But one of the many things about being in relationship with God is that there is always something to hope for. Christian faith is about being hopeful for the future. There is always something better coming around the corner. There is always something new and amazing that God is working to make happen.
 

Prayer: God who calls us into impossible optimism, I thank you for being a dreamer.  When I am in the midst of trials, please help me to remember you are there with me, not causing the pain, but hoping for a better day.  When things are going my way, help me to remember those who are not having a great day.  Amen

 
Barry and Alinda Stelk

No comments:

Post a Comment