Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Let There be Peace on Earth, and Let It Begin with Me


“But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.”   Matthew 4:44

There is conflict all over our world, and divisiveness is rampant in the United States.  It is easy to become overwhelmed by it all and feel discouraged and depressed.  Of late, there has been a hymn going through my mind daily, sometimes hourly or almost continually.  I can’t seem to forget it, and don’t really want to.  It’s a lesson for me and all of us in these troubling times.

“Let there be peace on Earth, and let it begin with me; let there be peace on Earth, the peace that was meant to be.

With God, our creator, children all are we.

Let us walk with each other in perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me, let this be the moment now.

With every step I take, let this be my solemn vow:  to take each moment and live each moment in peace eternally.

Let there be peace on Earth, and let it begin with me.”

Prayer:  Heavenly Father, use me as a channel for Christ’s love by showing peace to all those around me.  Help me to share love to those most in need of it, and let me focus on peace for all.  In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Carolyn Brandle

No comments:

Post a Comment