Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Let God Steer


 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart.  Do not depend on your own understanding.  Seek his will in all you do and he will show you which path to take.  Proverbs 3:5-6 

 
This verse actually takes the pressure off me at those times when I do not know how to solve a problem or do not know which way to turn.  Oh, the wisdom of Proverbs, if only I would heed it!

 
I have a small plaque with this verse on it on my kitchen counter.  I was so happy to have found this at a local Christian shop at a time when I was facing a very difficult decision which had some very good consequences for me and some very negative results also, no matter which direction I took.  This plaque helped me to "let go, and give it to God", a catch phrase of my Mother's.  It reminded me to reflect on His word and to pray.  When I do this, I focus on listening to God, by being still and not constantly talking and organizing.  This is a constant challenge for me and my take charge personality. 
 

Prayer: Thank you for your divine wisdom.  You are all knowing and have a plan for my life.  Please guide me to trust you and to listen for your direction, even in the midst of all the noise in my life, most of which is of my own making.  I want to let you steer, and I will pedal hard.  I trust you with all my heart.

 

Connie Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment