Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, October 30, 2017

Butterfly Season


You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being. Revelation 4:11

 
Just when I feel that evil has taken over all the earth, God does something exceptional. Never before in my life have I looked out my window, or stepped out my front door and felt like I was in the Children’s Zoo butterfly house. The painted lady, monarchs, small white and pure yellow butterflies are landing on all my flowers and sedum. It is so tranquil and peaceful. God gave me this beauty and peace.
 

Elizabeth Elliot says in her devotion in my Women’s Devotional Bible, “All creation praises him all the time- the winds, the tides, the oceans, the rivers, move in obedience. The song sparrow, the molecules in their cells, the stars in their courses, and the burning seraphim do, without protest of slovenliness, exactly what their maker intended, and thus praise him.” Praise him also for the butterflies. Caterpillars are also affected by a range of bacterial, viral, and fungal diseases, and only a small percentage of the butterfly eggs laid ever reach adulthood (Wikipedia). Since we have so many butterflies this season, I feel our environment is very good.

 
PRAYER: Lord, after reading what Elizabeth said, I realize the grace of the butterfly is all your doing and they are flying around exactly as you ordered and praising you at each movement. If the butterfly can be so peaceful in this world, so can I. Please help me to feel your presence at all times, even when unbelievable events happen in our country. Amen.

 
Sandra Hilsabeck

 

No comments:

Post a Comment