Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, October 11, 2016


Time

Scripture: Ecclesiastes 3:2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot...

There is nothing more lovely than a blue October sky. There is nothing more beautiful than the last of the Monarch butterflies on the butterfly bush by my back door. But as Pastor Melodie attributed to Chaucer, "All good things must come to an end."

A book on the EPW reading list, What to Do When You Don't Know What To Do, quotes a poem "Time Paces" by Henry Twells. I repeat it now.

          When as a child, I laughed and wept-time crept.

          When as a youth, I waxed more bold-time walked.

          When older still I grew - time flew.

          When I became a full-grown man-time ran

          When older still I grew-time flew

          Soon I shall find in passing on-time gone.

Indeed, time for summer has gone but the promise of spring already lightens my heart and in between, we will welcome the birth of our beloved Savior.

Prayer: Thank you God for each day we are granted and help us to appreciate each changing season as we progress through the year and through our years. Amen

Carolyn F. Olsen              dcolsen@windstream.net

No comments:

Post a Comment