Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, October 31, 2016


Humility

Scripture: For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled and he who humbles himself will be exalted Luke 14:11

As I was reflecting on this passage, it occurred to me that I am a compulsive list maker.  I make menu lists, shopping list, to do lists, appointment lists, etc.   I realized that in order to practice Christian humility that there were two things missing from my lists:

  • Every day acknowledging that God is in charge
  • In all I do following the golden rule                  

By putting these two at the top of our lists, whether they are written down (like I do) or just in our heads, there will be much more substance behind the phrase "have a great day".

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for your written word and for reminding us that you are always at the top of our lists. In Jesus Name.  Amen


Kathy Kuehn   kkuehn001@neb.rr.com


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment