Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Snowbound

God’s Voice is marvelous in its working; He does great deeds that pass our knowledge.  For He says to the snow ‘Fall to the earth,’ and to the rainstorms, ‘Be fierce.’  And when His voice is heard...He shuts every man fast indoors. And all men whom He has made must stand idle. Job 36:5-6 NEB

For the past several years, we have had rather mild winters. Our daily routines have gone on as usual. I know there are people who love snow and the activities related to snowy days. However, I am one who gets cold easily especially since I’ve gotten older. I do not love winter.  

I can often be found wearing jeans and a sweatshirt in August, but I would be the first to exclaim the beauty of our recent snowstorm. My backyard was a beautiful picture, like the ones we see on Christmas greeting cards, with a pure white lawn and snow frosted evergreen trees. 

What I wondered is God saying to us through this storm. Perhaps he is showing those of us who have forgotten or are disbelieving, that He is still in control. 

What is our attitude and how do we respond to God’s reminders?

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, help us to see the beauty in Your fierce but beautiful snowstorms, and keep us mindful of Christ’s sacrifice to make us pure and white as snow. In Jesus’ name we pray.  Amen

Judy Welch 

No comments:

Post a Comment