Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Look Around You



 

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23

Out my bedroom window in the morning I see a heart made with the limbs of a tree in the first picture. It seems to me that the Lord is greeting me with “I Love You” every morning. What tree grows in the shape of a heart?

Next there is the branch in the tree next to it that must have been broken off by a storm. I remember storms in my life. I remember when I thought I could not go on. Look at all the branches coming out of the stump where the branch broke off. God started me in various other directions just like the limbs. I could pick and choose from all those new starting branches. He was with me each day in the green pastures, he led me and restored my soul. Each of you can continue to grow, fear no evil, and be comforted by Jesus who is with you as your rod and your staff.

We are so fortunate to have Jesus’s love following us all the days of our lives. Look outside and see the sun God raises every day. Look for signs He loves you. Read what the Lord puts in front of you. Follow the new paths He gives you. I accepted the coaching tennis job at Nebraska Wesleyan which became a wonderful time of my life. I hesitated because I had never taught college kids and never coached male students, but taking that challenge, changed my life.

Prayer: Oh Lord, thank you for being with me, for guiding me in paths of righteousness. Because you are with me I will fear no evil, be comforted by you, and join you in heaven someday. Amen.                                            


Postscript: The surprise of my life happened when I looked out my window the morning after I crafted this devotion. God put a big checkmark in my window, meaning He is glad I finally finished this devotion. I understood it immediately and called Bryce to come see it.

Listen to this, Job; stop and consider God’s wonders.

Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?

Do you know how the clouds hang poised,

those wonders of him who is perfect in knowledge? Job 37:14-16

Sandra Hilsabeck

No comments:

Post a Comment