Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, January 31, 2022

The Lamb of God

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! John 1:29

Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. 1 Thessalonians 4:13

May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you. May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones. 1 Thessalonians 3:12

I was having breakfast with Bryce and looked over at my shelves on the north wall. Here was the sunlight shining right on the lamb I put there to represent the Lamb of God, our Savior, Jesus Christ. It jolted me and I made Bryce look. It was like Jesus was there and was shedding his light for us to see. Then I noticed the bird sitting on the rock with the word “Hope” was also lit up by the sunlight. I received this bird from one of my Hope Renewed class members that I taught at Eastridge for nine years. I loved the hope we shared those evenings. No matter what happens, we can have hope in the Lord.

I just had to take a photo as I may never be at that spot at that certain time of day with the sun at just that level. You can actually see the shadow of the lamb’s head.

It is Holy moments like that that bless me more and more as I get older. Enjoy each day and watch for those Holy moments.

Prayer: Dear Lord, please increase our love for You and make us aware of all that is around us. Help us to love one another and be strengthened by your presence in and around us. Amen.

Sandra Hilsabeck

No comments:

Post a Comment