Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Strawberry Tears


Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved” (Psalm 55:22). {God is glad to carry your burdens and give you the daily strength you need.}

Sometimes I find all I am hearing is bad news, not just from the TV, paper, Facebook, etc; but a call that a friend has cancer and not expected to live but a few months, another whose kidneys are failing or a friend who has lost their job. Today was one of those days I had taken my dog to be groomed and on the way home, I saw a funeral procession and a vehicle accident.  I went home telling myself to be thankful for all I have but the sadness was within me and I felt for those I couldn't help.  So I do what I do: chores to get my mind on something else. I cleaned the oven (darn salesman didn't tell us it wasn't self cleaning), I swept the driveway, vacuumed, did a few loads of laundry, and then decided the yard might be dry enough to mow. I mowed and then trimmed the bushes and pulled the weeds. Then I sat down on the front step for a break, and there in front of me in the front yard, was the tiniest but yet it was there: little wild strawberries. It may seem silly, but it cheered me up. It was the little plant growing as if from nowhere. It brought happy memories of times picking strawberries with my Dad. It also made me cry, I am but the little strawberry growing amongst the tall grasses, moss, and mushrooms growing after the rain. It made me stop and really thank God for all I do have, turn over to Him all that I have no control of and release my burdens and those of others to Him who created the tiny wild strawberries with their miniature details. He who has a plan and is the creator of all.

Prayer: Thank you Father for reminding me that You are the Creator of the Universe. Thank you for taking my burdens, and helping me find the peace that only You can provide. Amen

Lori Hood


No comments:

Post a Comment