Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Thursday, March 23, 2017


RECONCILED!   

 

Romans 5: 8-11  But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since we have now been justified by His blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through Him! For if, when we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to Him through the death of His Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through His life. Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

 

God created man in His image.  He walked and talked with him in the Garden.

 

Only when, listening to the serpent Satan’s lies and choosing to disobey God, did Eve, Adam, and I create separation from Him.

 

Each time I choose to listen to my human side, to indulge in things that harm me, to judge others, to try to please other people over pleasing God, I slip away from being at peace with Him.

 

Even so, He still loved us so much He sent His only son Christ to teach us the way back to Him, indeed, to be our way back to Him through His death and resurrection!

 

Prayer: Father, Thank you for wanting a sinner like me back, for reconciling me, bringing me in harmony with You, through the blood of my Lord Jesus Christ. Help me to always stay in harmony with you and to share that message of reconciliation with all I meet.

In Jesus’ name, Amen

 

Contributed by Carolyn Fetterley

No comments:

Post a Comment