Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Police Officers

Dear Wesley,

I prayed for you this week. I have always been proud of what you do for our country. Law enforcement is a necessity and you, as my granddaughter’s husband, are the only part of my family in law enforcement. I am thankful you are the father of my great grandsons. But I never tell you these things, so here I go-

I received a paper on “How to Pray” for law enforcement.

I prayed I am thankful for law enforcement and especially you.

I prayed for Intercession, that Christ will protect you.

I prayed that you would be drawn closer to God.

I prayed God makes you into what he wants you to be and gives you everything you could possibly need each day.

I prayed Jesus would be with you each and every day.

I Looked at Psalm 40:1-3 and prayed it for you as I know you come across these things. The Living Bible says, “God Blesses those (police officers) who are kind to the poor. He helps them out of their troubles. He protects them and keeps them alive; he publicly honors them and destroys the power of their enemies. He nurses them when they are sick, and soothes their pains and worries.”

I prayed that as you face devastating violence, lots of people without jobs, people who have depression or stress disorders, people who have tried or succeeded with suicidal temptations and more, you will remain calm, and our Lord will be with you. 1 Chronicles 22:12 says, “And may the Lord give you the good judgment to follow all his laws when he makes you king of Israel” (you are king when you arrive at difficulties). For if you carefully obey the rules and regulations which he gave to you, you will prosper. Be strong and courageous, fearless and enthusiastic!” I pray these for you.

I will continue to pray for you, love you and honor you!

Sandra Hilsabeck

No comments:

Post a Comment