Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Friday, September 1, 2023

Numbering Our Days

So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalms 90:12

Where has the summer gone? That lament is being repeated by children who have returned to school, parents whose “to do list” has become a “not done list,” and older people who wonder what they accomplished this summer of retirement. The concept of a day changes as we move through our lives, some days last forever and yet the weeks whiz by. Only God knows the number of days we each have been allotted. Moving wisely through those days requires that we have a vision and purpose for our life.

Prayer: Dear Lord, guide me to live intentionally, wisely using the days you have given me. So that when I live my last day, my life will have made a difference, reflecting the plans you had for me. Amen

Carol McClain

No comments:

Post a Comment