Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, May 23, 2022

Renewal

 


“Anyone who belongs to Christ is a new person. The past is forgotten, and everything is new.” 2 Corinthians 5:17

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Psalms 51:10

Have you noticed a lot of demolition and construction in your town? I have a habit of driving around during my errands and observe what new buildings are in the area, and I have noticed more demolitions than I normally see. I have read in the paper and Facebook where the buildings are being torn down and a new building is being constructed. I have noticed that several buildings that may look okay on the outside but must have structural or interior damage that can’t be seen from the outside that brings the decision that it needs to be demolished and a new building started.

It is kind of like people: they look okay from the outside. They are friendly, active and just continue to dive into their busy schedules. Their interior is falling down within them, their fears, their emotional state, their physical body is in pain, but they never show it.  

It is so important for us to recognize that the surface is not the true story. We need to open our hearts and minds to listen and react in a manner that shows we are here for someone when they are in need. Sometimes just a friendly smile, a tap on the hand, or even a hug can heal the soul and allow them to reach for help.   

Prayer: Let us ask in Jesus' name for renewal and strength. Let us pray for those that need to be reinforced in the love of Christ. Amen.

Lori Hood

No comments:

Post a Comment