Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Unique, Yet Known

 

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.  Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! Psalm 139: 13-17

While we were in Iceland, we visited a glacial lake where the broken pieces of the glacier float by on their way out to the ocean. It was interesting to see the differences in the chunks of ice as they floated by. Some were full of rocks, having lain for many years near the rocky ground. Some were porous, having experienced different thawing patterns. Those that had been underwater for a long time and recently flipped over were a shiny blue color, and so on. It reminded me of the way we humans, all ages, backgrounds, and circumstances now arrive at the present time. We have all come from different places, had different experiences, found ourselves closely associated with different people and living conditions; various challenges and conditions have formed us into the people we are today. But not a one of these situations was outside the knowledge or care of our Lord.

We are all so completely unique, yet the all-knowing Lord of creation knows exactly what we have been through, how that has shaped us, and how the person we have grown into can be useful in the kingdom if we open our hearts to being used.   

Prayer: Dearest Lord Jesus, you came into the world to teach us how to live and to show us the love of the Father. Here I am today, the living result of all of my history, which only You know. Thank you for always loving me and never leaving me. Please use me for your work in this world in ways that are fitted to my story.  Amen

Lori Snyder-Sloan

No comments:

Post a Comment