Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Strength for the Unknown


Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

I find myself sitting in yet another waiting room not sure of my feelings.  Is it anger because of the whole situation or fear for what the possibilities could be?  I know I feel frustration of the unknown and a deep sense of why? 

Listening to the different names of patients being called back. Watching the board with the coded names posted on board indicating at what step each patient is at in their procedure.   

I know I feel exhausted from the early mornings and trying to continue with my regular schedule of life.

My sister had just achieved the wonderful miracle of being a 2+ year survivor of breast cancer.  She experienced a fall a couple months ago and from doctor visits treating the injuries; it was discovered she has cancer again, but this time a different type.  From the biopsy it’s a different cancer but they don’t know what type, which led us to this latest procedure trying to determine what kind of cancer to know what treatment plan would be most successful. 

I have to thank the Lord above for assisting the hands of the ultrasound technician who decided to do an extra wide scan farther than the doctor ordered.  If it had not been done we would not have even known she had cancer. 

It’s hard but I know I must place all my fears, anger, frustration and strength in His hands. Nothing can be achieved without His Love.

Prayer: Father in Heaven, you know my fears, my anger, my pain, my frustration and my lack of strength. I pray you continue to follow us in this journey. I pray you heal all those fighting the battle of illness whether it be cancer, COVID, or all the other diseases that we as humans face on a daily basis. Give us strength to go on and give us the strength to be there for our family and friends. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Lori Hood

No comments:

Post a Comment