Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Running Flat

 



Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

After working the closing shift, I was headed home on the highway. This highway is always busy, extremely, with only two lanes and lots of semi traffic. The highway is need of repair, and I felt it this night when I hit a huge pothole. I have running flat tires, so my goal was to get to the next town and not to have to stop on this highway in the dark. As you can see I ran it too far and beyond the expectations of the tire.  

Have you ever felt like your life was running on a flat? I have and I find it when I don’t take enough time to stop, pull over and pray. We sometimes just keep rolling along knowing we are running flat but if we can just make it to the next day we will be okay. There are always those potholes that are going to slow us down in life but we need to stop, pull over and pray. Life can be so much better if we just let God take charge; and He can handle anything we turn over to him.  We can run ourselves to just remnants if we are always trying to handle it by ourselves.

Prayer: Dear Father, please help us to STOP, PULL OVER and PRAY! We know you love us and want us to live life in your time, to live life in your vision. But we try to control and sustain ourselves without your assistance. Forgive us for our stubbornness. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

Lori Hood

No comments:

Post a Comment