Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Quilts

For thou didst form my inward parts, thou didst knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise thee, for thou art fearful and wonderful. Wonderful are thy works! Thou knowest me right well; my frame was not hidden from thee, when I was being made in secret, intricately wrought in the depths of the earth. The eyes beheld my unformed substance; in thy book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. Psalms 139:13-16

My daughter and I get together for several hours each week to quilt. All our quilts are individualized and made especially for particular people. This week as I was quilting a wedding quilt for a family member, I thought about how far we had come on our quilting journey. I do not say these things to boast, but to show God’s guidance to us on the way.  We initially started with quilts for throws or for beds, but now we have ventured and learned to make much more. We make baby quilts, wedding quilts, quilted prayer shawls, fancy throws, children’s quilts, and quilts meant for wall hangings. Most recently, we have been asked to help those in mourning on the loss of loved ones, thus entering quilts and pillow tops made from the clothes of the person lost. We have made 4 quilts of valor for veterans we know, as well as patriotic prayer shawls for families of those in the military. Our creativity, bravery, and skills have been challenged all along the way. It seems that there is always a need we are told about or have seen in our daily interactions with those around us. We give away all our quilts with joy.

I am reminded that each quilt is uniquely different. It is like us. We are all special and unique. God had a plan for each of us before we were ever born. We look different, we act different, we think different, we each have special talents and gifts. We all have special places in our families, our homes, our work , and in our society.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, help us remember that we are all your children and are special in your sight. Thank you for the opportunities of sharing your love with others. Thank you for the peace that comes from knowing you are loved. Thank you for your guidance on our missions and journeys in life. Amen.

Nancy Hall

 

No comments:

Post a Comment